You might recall the photo carousel feature we launched a few months ago. It has been incredibly popular with both bloggers and visitors, racking up over three quarters of a billion views since then. Today, we’re happy to announce we’re launching v2 of Carousel with significant improvements:
- Images are served double-resolution (Retina!) for visitors on capable devices, like the iPad 3 or Retina Macbook Pro. (Best, laptop, ever.)
- Comments! Visitors can now comment directly on each photo.
- Likewise, you can now like or reblog every individual image.
- You can now select a light or dark theme for your photos to be showcased on.
- If your camera includes EXIF metadata, like aperture, lens, and shutter speed, we now show that next to the photo. (You can toggle this off under Settings → Media if you prefer.)
- We’ve improved performance so it loads and moves faster on browsers old and new.
View original post 117 more words